I posted a picture of my lunch today to Twitter and TwitPic and got several comments and an invitation to help finish remaining portions of it so I thought I’d share the quick recipe.
Oh, and amongst the comments was a tweet from Matt Armendariz, writer of the incredible food blog, MattBites (http://www.mattbites.com).
15-Minute Grilled Salmon
- 2 individually packaged and frozen salmon fillets
- 1 bag of Uncle Ben’s Ready Whole Grain Medley rice (8.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of red chile salsa
- 2 quarts lukewarm water
- Stove top grill or small George Foreman grill
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- A small serving plate
- Realize that you only have 45 minutes to make the food, eat, and Twitter.
- Immerse the two frozen salmon fillets in lukewarm water until covered then place the serving plate to keep the packaged fillets submersed.
- Wait 5 minutes until the salmon defrosts. This is a good time to Twitter or give your doggies a mid-day snack.
- Discard the water from the mixing bowl and remove the fillets from their packages with your handy dandy scissors. Place the fillets back in the water-free mixing bowl.
- Add the oil and seasonings to the bowl and lightly mix and rub in the ingredients over the fillets.
- Grill the two fillets for 7-10 minutes. Note: on the George Foreman Grill you don’t have to turn it over since it has a grill surfaces on the top and bottom of the unit.
- Rip a small vent on the rice package and microwave it for 90 seconds to 2 minutes then let it sit for 2 minutes. Best time to do this is at the half-way point in your salmon grilling.
- You’re now ready to plate your grilled salmon and rice, spoon on the salsa and enjoy.